[Wine] Re: Inexperienced Wine user. Copy and Paste problems

bassetrox wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 25 09:44:11 CST 2011

doh123 wrote:
> copy and paste comes down to X11...
>
> Xquartz version is MUCH better than Apple's X11, even though Apple uses Xquartz builds to make their X11... it just isn't kept updated.
>
> If you really want to make complete app ports, I'd really suggest using Wineskin instead, as that is the main goal of it... yes I'm a bit biased since its my project... but you shouldn't have to worry about X11 issues or anything else since its all built in.

Xquartz appears to have sorted the problem completely... thanks doh123 and James Mckenzie.

In terms of wineskin, fink et all, I dont really know what these things are. When I first attempted to get this program running on os x i did a quick google and the kronenburg winebottler came up. I faffed around and it seemed to do a buggy but decent job.
I dont know much about wine or much about linux, apart from a little bit of cygwin usage at uni.

Whats the difference between your wineskin and the program im using?
Bearing in mind this is the only windows program I try to use on a regular basis, I dont want to spend ages learning the terminal.