[Wine] Re: Inexperienced Wine user. Copy and Paste problems

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 25 10:11:01 CST 2011

bassetrox wrote:

> > Xquartz appears to have sorted the problem completely... thanks doh123 and James Mckenzie.
> >

> Dammit I spoke too soon.
>
> I installed Xquartz, logged out and back in as the installer recommended, the program ran fine with zquartz.
> The problem came back after closing down and loading Xquartz once more.
> So I logged out of OSX and back in again and it was all fine and dandy again. I'm not gonna close it again until ive finished the work I came on here to do but...
>
> Does this still sound like an Xserver problem? Will wineskin be more reliable? Is it easy to use?

Wineskin uses Xquartz, so has pretty much most of Xquartz main problems.  I make my own builds for it so they aren't exactly a stock Xquartz build, but its still basically Xquartz... I haven't had any copy and paste problems.

Wineskin bundles everything up into an app, trying to make it as much like a native app as possible.  Everything runs under its own icon... I just recently (today, not available yet) got fullscreen working 100% right with display capturing and all which will be the next engine base I have up.  That doesn't really mean anything unless you like to fullscreen game though.

If you want to glance through some stuff about Wineskin, the website with a manual is at http://wineskin.doh123.com/

Being that its a 3rd party app its not supported here really... the only supported way of running Wine supported at winehq is using normal Wine, which isn't that nice on OSX.  Macports and Fink are basically tools for for installing many unix type things, including Wine... they just do all the downloading and building from source code for you... but it still is all command line Wine usage.