[Wine] Borland Quatro Pro 5.0 for Windows help

davidstoll wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 25 17:19:08 CST 2011

I need to get this old Windows (3.1 era) version of Borland Quatro Pro v5.0 running so I can access old and important information.

Yes, this is an old program, but that should probably make it easier or more compatible (I would think).  This version came out the year after wine was first created.

Here is the error I am getting when I install it (at the end of the installation process) and I'm not sure if this is part of the problem or not...

Code:

This program has detected that you do not have SHARE.EXE loaded.  SHARE.EXE is required when any two ODAPI clients are installed, i.e. QPW, or Database Desktop.  Please note that if you use SHARE.EXE it MUST be loaded with the parameters shown below.
SHARE /F:4096 /L:40
You must have the ODAPI directory in your path.

More importantly, I get this error when I try to run the program...

Code:

The program winevdm.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine.  You may want to check http://appdb.wine.org for tips about running this application.
If the problem is not present under Windows and has not been reported yet, you can report it at http://bugs.winehq.org.

Can anyone help me?  I'm hoping there might be a fix for this "type" of problem an someone can help me.

Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide.

David