[Wine] Using Wine with windows partition

gfurst wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 25 17:37:06 CST 2011

So here, i looked a bit around the web on the subject and found:
- That using wine such way can be damaging to the partition and/or windows it self.
- That using original Windows DLLs can be quite helpful to some applications.

As you can see results were sided, it seemed successful to some.
My Idea was:
- Through fstab, make the partition automatically mounted on /media/winxp (already)
- Make a "Windows" folder on my home folder
- And within the Windows folder i would create such wine prefix, preferably one for each program
- with wine setup give pointers to use drive_c as /media/winxp and point to the proper windows "my documents"

So I'm still unsure if this procedure could be damaging as the others, the use of prefixes could make "less damaging"?
On my understanding of things, the procedure above should be enough to have most programs running, not even needing to reinstall them.

And also i have doubt about wine using the DLLs, from what i read, wine only uses override DLL that are specified, right?

Anyway, give me your opinions and suggestions on the subject, thank you!