[Wine] Stumped with winetricks and source code

Polaris84 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 25 23:06:45 CST 2011

I'm using Leopard and I'm new to wine, MacPorts, the use of the terminal, and coding in general. Because of this, some of the language in the FAQ seems foreign to me and hasn't been very helpful, or its geared toward Unix users and not Mac OS X users.

ISSUE#1: I managed to install wine through MacPorts and use it to run a game. I've used Crossover to install and run the same game and have discovered the there are some bugs. I've found patches to apply to wine source code that might fix the problem. Example at: http://bugs2.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=32688. I've located /dlls/user32/input.c. I've copy/pasted the above code, adding it to the existing input.c code. Can anyone tell me if I'm doing this right?

ISSUE#2: The game requires ie6 to run so I've attempted to install winetricks through MacPorts. Everything seemed to be going smoothly until this happened during the requesting of winetricks:

--->  Computing dependencies for winetricks
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for winetricks
Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for winetricks
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for winetricks
Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file checksums
Log for winetricks is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_winetricks/main.log
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

Mainly, I'd like to try to understand what the problem might be in case I run into this again after I reinstall Wine.

Any info would be a great help.

Thanks