[Wine] FIFA 11 won't install in Wine 1.3.12

R2 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 26 09:23:45 CST 2011

Hi! I've searched the forum (and the Internet) for this problem but apparently I'm lucky enough to be the only one experiencing it (yay!).

I've just installed Wine 1.3.12 and dotnet20 through winetricks in my Ubuntu 10.10. Everything went very smoothly. When I run "wine EASetup.exe" from the FIFA 11 DVD (not the physical disk but a mounted ISO), I get the initial install window where you have to select the preferred language, but I can't get past it. When I click next, the installation program crashes with this error:

err:seh:raise_exception Exception frame is not in stack limits => unable to dispatch exception.

Any ideas? I couldn't find this error connected to FIFA 11 anywhere! Everyone seems to be able to install the game at the very least!