[Wine] Stumped with winetricks and source code

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 26 11:24:21 CST 2011

doh123 and all others:

Sorry for the OT post.  I don't keep all of my mail on-line...

>James Mckenzie wrote:
>> doh123 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>>

>> > just install winetricks manually...
>> >

>> Does Wineskin have a method to check and update winetricks?
>>
>> If not, that might be something to look into.
>>
>> James McKenzie
>

>off topic of this thread (Wineskin wasn't being used)...
>
>but yes it does have an update button, and I have the GUI fixed to use the new Winetricks-alpha for the next (and
>hopefully last) release candidate for 2.0... i just wish they'd hurry up and make the alpha the main, it is a lot
>better... but I don't want to have to code in the updater to worry about if its getting the old format or the new... I'm
>lazy like that... :-)

Good.  Hopefully, the 'decision' will be made soon by Dan and Austin as to the direction winetricks will move in.  It is good that you have a gui interface for winetricks.

Now, back to the OPs original problem:  Winetricks is released about every two weeks.  Try the lastest version and if the error still occurs then Dan, Austin or one of the winetricks maintainers will have to look into why the sha1sum is failing.  Microsoft and other providers are subject to changing file structures at any time.  This is not directly a failure of winetricks.

James McKenzie