[Wine] Stumped with winetricks and source code

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 26 11:39:02 CST 2011

Polaris84 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>Thanks for the replies.
>
>Update:
>
>I had uninstalled wine-devel, but I wanted to test the install of winetricks again. I reinstalled wine-devel and attempted
>to run winecfg. Now every wine command I try to enter into the terminal comes back with:
>
>'xterm-color': unknown terminal type.

Something outside of Wine is now broken.  Wine should NOT be checking your terminal type, unless you are using a wrapper script to start it.

Just as a refresher, what Linux Distribution and Version, as well as Video Card and Driver are you using?  This may be a Linux problem and not a Wine one.

James McKenzie