[Wine] Re: How to get started

snejjj wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 28 02:32:11 CST 2011

> You said "wine setup.exe". Is this entered somewhere? Where, with what?

just type it into the terminal ;-)

> > You said "to install the program". My program is just an exe, it does not have an install. Can I run a program that does not have an install?
>

> To answer your third question, if the app does not need to be installed in Windows to run, you can just run the exe in Wine.

even if it needs to be installed, there's some chance, that it will run without installation if you just start it from the directory you installed it in windows or copy that directory to your linux-partition.
(this is even needed for some apps whose installers don't work in wine)