[Wine] Re: how to install wine for centos 5 32 bit

onel0ve wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 28 21:53:10 CST 2011

James Mckenzie wrote:
> onel0ve <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> (Reply-to is broken by Earthlink's web mail program. Complain to them, not me, I have.)
>

> > Code:
> > [root at 178-162-182-93 wine-1.3.12]# ./configure;make
> > checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> >
> You might want to try using the same RedHat package for installing Wine as your CentOS version.  They are code same, excepting the packages and other items that are RH proprietary (CentOS' statement not mine.)
>
> James McKenzie

Code:

checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for X... no
configure: error: X development files not found. Wine will be built
without X support, which probably isn't what you want. You will need
to install development packages of Xlib/Xfree86 at the very least.
Use the --without-x option if you really want this.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

now this error