[Wine] Run Command (or option) to disable Wine Title Bar

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Jan 30 12:11:24 CST 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 10:59 -0600, vitamin wrote:
> truell wrote:
> > Sorry, that's not true: Please have a look at Winamp in Windows,

If you're just wanting to play music files on your hard drive, try
Audacious, XMMS, Mplayer or VLC which are all Linux media players.
Audacious and XMMS are audio players while the other two are primarily
video players but will play some audio files. XMMS is prettier than
Audacious but I think Audacious plays a wider range of file types:
whether or not it will play MP3s out of the box depends on where you get
it from. Some distros, e.g. RedHat, are purist about not using codecs
with licensing issues and MP3 is one of them, It needs to be built with
libmad to play MP3s.   http://rpmfind.net/ is a good place to start
looking for extra packages for RPM-based distros. Somebody else will
have to chip in if you're using a Debian-based distro.

I can't get any of these players to talk to my SqueezeboxServer, but
then I'm not motivated to spend time on that that since a Squeezebox
Touch plugged into a decent amp knocks spots of anything that a PC can
do.

Martin