[Wine] Re: Runes of Magic ClientUpdate.exe crash???

Astrauk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 30 13:45:52 CST 2011

This is exactly what I have just done and I keep running into the "can't connect to servers" message.

1. Deleted wine and Runes of Magic
2. Recompiled and Reinstalled Wine (1.3.12) with CFLAGS
3. Brought fully patched Runes of Magic game files over a pc
4. Moved the Runes of Magic folder (with all the game files in it) to where the old one had been.
5. Installed vcrun2005, ie7, wininet (in that order) with winetricks.
6. Ran export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib, export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/X11/lib:/usr/lib", export FONTCONFIG_FILE=/usr/X11/lib/X11/fontconfig/fonts.conf, in Terminal.
7. Ran the launcher.exe with the "wine (filename).exe" command
8. Everything ran fine until I tried logging in, then it gave me the error that I mentioned in the beginning.

Here's a link to a pastebin with what was in the terminal
http://pastebin.com/UEGDsCKf