[Wine] Runes of Magic ClientUpdate.exe crash???

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Jan 30 15:47:49 CST 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 13:47 -0600, Astrauk wrote:
> Oh yeah, the error message also said something about a firewall possible blocking it, but I don't have a firewall up at all.

It may be worthwhile running ping and/or traceroute to see if those can
contact the server you're trying to log in to. both are command line
tools and have manpages. If ping doesn't get answer from the server, try
traceroute, which wilkl show where the blockage is.

NOTE that while the 'ping hostname' command is the same for Windows and
Linux, by default the Windows ping issues 3 pings and stops while the
Linux one will go on pinging until you kill it with Ctrl-C unless you
use the -c option to tell it how many pings to send.

Martin