[Wine] Re: e-sword under a tiling WM

ngoonee wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 31 23:09:18 CST 2011

vitamin wrote:

> ngoonee wrote:
> > my question here is why my window manager sees e-sword as a floating window.
>
> How does it behave with more common WMs such as Gnome and KDE?

These more common WMs do not tile at all, so of course there's no difference, all apps are considered floating apps in any case.

I'm trying to figure out why different Wine apps behave differently in this matter. If all wine apps could not be tiled by awesome I would file a bug there. As it is, I'm also in discussion on their ML to try and figure out exactly what is different about the e-sword window as compared to utorrent.