[Wine] Re: Uninstall Windows Apps?

crom.osec wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 2 05:59:26 CDT 2011

Hello, I didn't want to open a new thread since this one is related to my problem.

I have:
a) kubuntu:
Linux 2.6.38-8-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 03:31:24 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
b) wine:
v 1.3.23 (but same problem I've had on 1.2...)

Problem: Installed VisualC2005Express using winetricks, then wanted to try another version of VisualC2005 (without winetricks) but uninstall of previous version didn't worked.

Didn't worked = when try to install the other version of VisualStudio2005 it say that there is already installed a trial version and also finds that net2.0 is installed.

I've deleted entire prefix and still didn't worked.
Followed the steps from http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-ddc6f242056eb1a4fe566c9434d15fd8b64606aa and still didn't worked (this with version 1.2 which came by default in kubuntu).

Then I've apt-get --purge remove wine1.2 and all its dependencies, checked again that wine1.2 is not installed anymore (using aptitude search wine and checking if any wine is installed) then I've removed all wine folders from home, restarted the computer (just to be sure), then installed wine 1.3.23 and still when trying to install visualstudio2005 it finds that net2.0 and trial version are installed.

Does anyone have a clue on what should I do to obtain an entirely new wine?

Thanks for any suggestion.