[Wine] Re: Age of Conan, Wine 1.3.23, Mac OS 10.6.7 ?

ischou wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 13 17:28:59 CDT 2011

I ran the ConanPatcher.exe using a Windows XP virtual machine to complete the patching and also ran the "Repair Game Data" function.  All told, took a few hours.

The tail end of the process the patcher log file still gave an error about not being able to "decompress src stream" or some such thing, so I think the game files are still corrupt.

Trying to run the game in Wine still crashes, but I'm pretty sure trying to run the game using the Windows XP VM would probably crash too.  The next thing to try would be to do the full install using the Windows XP VM and hopefully the installation won't be broken, but I don't have another 5-6 hours to invest in that effort at the moment.

No more "wine: Call from 0x7b82cb9b to unimplemented function d3dx9_36.dll.D3DXFloat32To16Array, aborting" error anymore, but still has the "X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)" error, and also there are debug error messages about some resource not found in the RDB.

If anyone else wishes to try this, I recommending copying an installation over from a Windows machine or using a Windows VM to try installing.