[Wine] Re: Sketchup 8

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 29 08:55:10 CDT 2011

layr wrote:
> Sorry, i obviously define 'tweakls' differently.

I define it as any changes to default settings.

> 2) run the program, which is installed onto default prefix, under different prefix:
>
> Code:
> WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.wine-second" wine '/home/laur/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/PROGRAM.exe'

That will not work with any app that makes changes to the registry. If you have been doing that, that may be the cause of your problems. You need to install the app into the wineprefix you are running it from.

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-46b876c21939f11bef4762c8e457a7c5c27b184a

> On the second run i got the old 'Sketchup was unable to initialize OpenGL ! Please make sure you have installed..." error, which should go away with that GL registry tweak.

You shouldn't be getting that error in the first place. If you are on a 64 bit system, did you install the necessary 32 bit parts?

I do not get that error, and Sketchup runs for me without crashing, out of the box. This is on an nvidia 8400GS, 270.41.06 driver.