[Wine] PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011 INSTALL ERROR

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 18:05:12 CDT 2011

On 7/30/11 3:52 PM, pelasgos wrote:
> jjmckenzie wrote:

>>> and in the terminal it just says this:
>>> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x210eff8,0x00000000), stub!
>>> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x210ef60,0x00000000), stub!
>>>
>>> and the error which says pes2011 hasnt been installed...
>>>

>> How about ALL of the information provided when the program terminated?
>> If this is all, something is not right with your Linux install.
>>
>> James
>
> the same,  but i've installed enough games on linux without probs like farcry2,cod4,wow,warcraft etc... only pro evolution soccer 2011 has this error...

There should be a section with dump information from what caused the
program to abort.

However, there is an entry in the Applications Database for this game:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=12091

Have you done what is in there to make the game install/run?

I also recommend using a separate Wineprefix while trying to
install/setup/run new programs as one game/program might require
different 'fixes' to run/function properly than another program might
require.

Also, try running the game without the directx9 fix as recommended.

James