[Wine] No sound in wine.

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Jun 6 07:33:34 CDT 2011

On 06/05/2011 06:10 PM, jjmckenzie wrote:

> Ask on the Fedora User forum how to disable pulseaudio.  Wine does not support it.

While that is true, if you need to keep pulseaudio on your system for
something else you may be able to remove just the pulseaudio related
packages for wine. I'm not sure how tightly Fedora 14 is bundling Wine
in the repo. I know people have successfully used kept pulseaudio and
gotten sound in Wine before, but I would expect it to take a fair bit of
trial and error with the settings.