[Wine] Office 2007 programs create .lnk files

rui1965 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 7 06:54:42 CDT 2011

Hi,

I am using Wine 1.3.20 to run the Office 2007 suite and it works almost perfectly.
But each time I open an Office file (docx, xlsx, ...) a .lnk is created even if I do not press "Save".
Another .lnk is create on exit.
And a few others when I save the document as far as I can tell.
They are all created in the current directory.

This problem looks a lot like bug 15480 - Saving files in Word/Excel 2000 creates useless .lnk files.
This bug is fixed since 1.2-rc3.

So can someone tell me if I am facing a new bug or if the fix is not yet included in the 1.3.x?

Thanks,

Rui