[Wine] Wine with Guild Wars

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Thu Jun 9 12:13:50 CDT 2011

On 06/09/2011 11:00 AM, lanternslight456 wrote:
> When I try to open Guild Wars first it says it's not responding then I get this:
>
> [Image: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vkjtvnmowXw/TfDfeYKjlBI/AAAAAAAAADA/oWxQWleErA0/s800/wine%252520error.jpg ]

If you have updated your wine version, your linux kernel, or anything
X-org on your machine since the last time you installed your video
driver, remove and reinstall your video driver even if it is with the
same version. Any of those changes and cause problems that reinstalling
the driver usually fixes. If that doesn't apply to your system, check
your distro's forums for information on making sure your drivers are set
up properly for 3D programs. Sorry, I haven't used Ubuntu in years and
am not sure how they handle things anymore.