[Wine] Re: LiveZilla

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 9 18:31:45 CDT 2011

Ha, ha I found this thread so amusing I had to help out a bit! I mean talk about sending poor op on a wild goose chase! 8-)

I am working on Wine 1.3.21 (vanilla) with the guide on page 2 (of this thread). Clean WINEPREFIX.

My version of Livezilla complained about a missing MS Sans Serif font. I copied this over from my Windows 7 install to my WINEPREFIX C:\Windows\Fonts folder. Same error message.

I ran Livezilla with the +relay DEBUG flag. The application is poking about in registry key ["SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\Fonts"]. I have confirmed this is what is causing the font issues. Wine doesn't populate this key with new fonts you just copy into your WINEPREFIX Windows fonts folder.

I'm not sure if running winecfg (again - on a pre-existing WINEPREFIX) will pull in new fonts from your /usr/share/fonts/truetypes/ Linux root TT font folder (& subfolders)??!! You really want the registry keys to be generated automagically (since manual entry of all the missing font names - in the Wine registry - would be a royal pain in the ass  [Twisted Evil] ).

Anyway I'm getting tired now - so I'm off to bed...  [Laughing]

Bob