[Wine] Keyboard stops working after any mouse click

maaatt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 11 11:41:55 CDT 2011

Here's a rundown of versions, in case any of it is important:

Wine: 1.3.21
Kernel: 2.6.39 (Gentoo r1)
X.Org X server: 1.10.2
Window manager: musca (0.9.24)

I'm using the default xorg.conf settings.

When I run any program in wine (notepad, for example), the keyboard stops working after I click the mouse. I can type to my heart's content as long as I don't use the mouse.

However, the moment I click, I will not be able to type anything again (this includes dialog boxes).

Furthermore, in some programs (usually games: e.g. starcraft), the keyboard won't work at all, even before I click the mouse.

There are no keyboard-related error messages. The only consistent error message is some variation of this -- usually twice or more:

Code:
fixme:event:wait_for_withdrawn_state window 0x30038/1400007 wait timed out

Any ideas? Thanks!
Matt