[Wine] Two servers One virtual desktop

Davide Baldini baldiniebaldini at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 19:23:10 CDT 2011

Can two wineserver share the same virtualdesktop?

I got nearly to an impasse: one windows application (A) must run
continuously without interruption, while (B) is supposed to respawn
frequently and interact with (A).

Well, whatever (A) application is has absolutely no influence on
troubles, but if (B) is autoHotKey (..yes i need that stuff under
debian) it's execution times get delayed increasingly at each run while
(A) stands in the same wineserver, no matter if i keep autoHotKey
closed for any while, until i quit both (A) (B) and conseguently wine.

If the respawning app is anyting else but autoHotKey, run times are
constant over executions.

I made many hour-long tests, the best of which are in alledged graph
(see note [1] ).

In my scripts i could work around this by assigning some windowing jobs
to a GNU program, and taking autoHotKey to a separate winserver from
(A) to handle only those operations which don't require windowing APIs
(wich seems to be possible only on shared winserver), but an all-wine
solution would be much more functional.

Idea?

[1]: alledged graph: runtimes (milli seconds) over number of executions
      divided by 10.
      Application (A) is generic; blue spots are autoHotKeys, red spots
      are boxcutter.exe (for screenshot; generic app).