[Wine] Re: wine 1.3.20+ mouse control issue

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 14 06:55:35 CDT 2011

Bob Wya wrote:
> It might be worth trying 1.3.22 (you can always revert back to 1.3.19). Wine 1.3.20 introduced some X-input mouse changes that didn't play nice with a lot of games! Certainly 1.3.21 has fixed some of the problems for me. (I plan to compile up 1.3.22 this week to test out with Deus Ex.) I gather some of the problems arise from a bug in X-Org version sending absolute, rather than relative mouse co-ordinates. I think it's fixed (upstream) in X-Org 1.10.2 or something similar - I have 1.9.0 just now. So I guess that will be a problem for Mac-OS right?
>
> Bob

Current Macports builds of XQuartz on Mac OS X are using xorg 1.10.2, I haven't noticed it helping much as of yet, but I do most of my original testing with Wineskin which I still have a 1.9 server in... but that won't be an issue too much longer, but I haven't noticed a difference in mouse performance yet in the few things I've tested.  I think many of the problems on the Mac side are coming from running X11 on top of a different window manager, and not running it directly like Linux does... most of the devs don't seem to take that into account since Linux is the major priority focus of Wine.