[Wine] Wine install sets Windows applications as defaults

ColOfNature wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 16 09:38:59 CDT 2011

As the title says: when I install Wine the install process sets Windows apps as the defaults for opening various common file types. Why? Linux has generally superior applications available, and it's a pain to have to change the default back for file type - not to mention the fact that I'm left with context menu entries for a bunch of "Open with" type items I neither need nor want. Can this be made optional?