[Wine] problem with wine and Lord of the Rings Online

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Thu Jun 16 18:49:39 CDT 2011

On 06/16/2011 06:30 PM, bcpeterson wrote:
> The main problem in the appdb for Lord of the Rings and DDO has to do with changing zones and loading new characters.
>
> The only known 'fix' which doesn't fix it but mitigates it greatly is that when zoning, change to very low textures in the advanced graphics tab.
>
> Also, I know wine 1.3.21 has some pretty severe mouse problems in DDO, at least on my Macintosh. Per the appdb, it seems LOTRO does as well.
>
> Depending on your set-up, the AppDB might have some more help for you. Hope that helps.

I wasn't following this thread but LotRO is working fine for me, here's
my set up if it helps:

Wine 1.3.21 installed from package manager (Suse 11.4 KDE)
Nvidia 460 card, 256.53 driver (old driver due to newer drivers
conflicting with Suse/kde)
using pylotro launcher, stand alone version
no winetricks

I have had no problem loading characters, changing zones, or with my
mouse. The advanced graphics tab says my textures are on high and
texture filtering is trilinear.

If there is anything I can look up about my install that may help
someone fix a problem with theirs just let me know what you need.