[Wine] Re: steam stop as soon as it's started

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 18 14:25:50 CDT 2011

Not wanting to suggest "you shouldn't start your journey from here"...but!

But I always thought Gentoo was for advanced users that like to make their lives difficult  8)
Using Linux-Mint (http://www.linuxmint.com/) I don't have any issues running the Steam client (I think it was out-of-the-box pretty much). Ubuntu and Linux-Mint haven't grown to be two of the biggest desktop distro's without a reason.

I might consider installing Arch-Linux, Slack or something similar in a year or two... When I have a lot of experience under my belt.

The Ubuntu repositories (and standard install) blow most other distros out of the water simply for there breadth and ease of use. My recent experiences with Debian, Fedora, and OpenSUSE were not to positive! Not to say they are 'bad' but I had to jump through hoops to get stuff installed. OpenSUSE I wanted to install something - it wasn't in the repository so I thought OK I'll compile it from source. The source code's compile-time dependencies weren't in the extended repositories either...  [Crying or Very sad]

Just a thought anyway...  8)

Bob