[Wine] wine debug log

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 11:19:11 CDT 2011

On 6/19/11 12:52 AM, din99 wrote:
> i'm trying to run a private app with wine 1.3.22 on ubuntu natty i386.
> While it begins to load, a new dialog box is opened named "wine debug" and a popup warn: sorry wine have met a fatal error (or so). Then closing this popup, all the usefull debug comments light up inside the debug dialog box.
>
> The problems are:
> - only the latest debug lines can be seen as it cant be scrolled back
> - and worst, this seems completly lost as i cant find these info logged.
This is NOT a Wine Bug.  You are seeing a Wine debug popup dialog.
> Seems to be a wine bug: it should automatically drive its logs by default.

No, it should not and will not for now.  Dr. Watson functionality has
not been built for Wine.  Thus we have to externally generate logs.  See
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log for the process on how to do this.

The question is are you trying to debug your application so it works
with Wine, or are you trying to debug Wine at this point....

James McKenzie