[Wine] Evil Genius Crashes unexpectedly

TheFireTruck wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 19 12:08:37 CDT 2011

Hey there!
I've been playing Evil Genius on steam and for the most part it works fine, but frequently (sometimes more frequently than others) it crashes at very inopportune times. The wine page for the game talks about unexpected crashes, but it sounds like these are related to the game autosaving, and I turned off my autosaving yet this persists. Here's what my terminal (The first bit repeated for a much longer time, but I figured you'd get the point) reads:

Code:
fixme:d3d:state_clipping Clipping disabled, but ARB_depth_clamp isn't supported.
fixme:d3d:swapchain_gl_present Render-to-fbo with WINED3DSWAPEFFECT_FLIP
[...]
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
fixme:d3d:state_clipping Clipping disabled, but ARB_depth_clamp isn't supported.
fixme:d3d:state_clipping Clipping disabled, but ARB_depth_clamp isn't supported.
fixme:d3d:state_clipping Clipping disabled, but ARB_depth_clamp isn't supported.
err:d3d:resource_init Out of adapter memory
fixme:d3d_texture:texture_init Failed to create surface 0x5b0cfda0, hr 0x8876017c
err:d3d:resource_init Out of adapter memory
fixme:d3d_texture:texture_init Failed to create surface 0x59ad4858, hr 0x8876017c
[...]
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x4d5f3230 at address 0x76194d (thread 001f), starting debugger...
couldn't load main module (2)
Process of pid=001e has terminated
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Modules:'
Cannot get info on module while no process is loaded
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Threads:'
process  tid      prio (all id:s are in hex)
0000000e services.exe
	0000001a    0
	00000014    0
	00000010    0
	0000000f    0
00000011 winedevice.exe
	00000016    0
	00000013    0
	00000012    0
00000017 plugplay.exe
	0000001b    0
	00000019    0
	00000018    0
0000001c explorer.exe
	0000001d    0

To my amateur eye, it looks graphics related, so if you're interested, my computer has a nVidia GeForce Go 7800 256MB card. But, of course, I am just that, an amateur, so if anyone would help me out with this, I would really appreciate it!