[Wine] Window Manager can't controll Fullscreen windows

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Jun 19 16:17:52 CDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 15:58 -0500, Airris wrote:
> Deleting .wine and reinstalling did nothing other than leave me a ton of work to reinstall all the programs I need :\ Still same behavior.

So put each program, or closely related set of programs (e.g. MS Office,
MSFS and the programs used to create scenery and aircraft), in its own
Wine prefix this time. Then, if you need to reinstall anything in a new
prefix, you won't end up reinstalling everything else too.

I do this as a matter of course and write a tiny wrapper script to run
each program - this script can be run from the command line or by
clicking an icon - you make the launcher run the script rather than
issuing the wind command directly:

=========start of script=============
#!/bin/bash
export WINEPREFIX=.wine_myapp
cd $WINEWPREFIX/path/to/the/exe
wine myapp.exe \/opts arguments

and make the script executable before trying to run it.

Martin