[Wine] Re: Can WINE help me using Dell Axim from Puppy Linux 511?

Benny7440 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 19 16:29:34 CDT 2011

Thanks for responding, Martin Gregorie & Dan Kegel! Went to that Ubuntu link & decided to run <dmesg> from a console & this came up:

usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
USB Serial support registered for generic
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
usbserial: USB Serial Driver core
USB Serial support registered for PocketPC PDA
ipaq 2-2:1.0: PocketPC PDA converter detected
usb 2-2: PocketPC PDA converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usbcore: registered new interface driver ipaq
ipaq: v0.5:USB PocketPC PDA driver
usb 2-2: USB disconnect, address 2
ipaq ttyUSB0: PocketPC PDA converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
ipaq 2-2:1.0: device disconnected
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
ipaq 2-1:1.0: PocketPC PDA converter detected
usb 2-1: PocketPC PDA converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usb 2-1: USB disconnect, address 3
ipaq ttyUSB0: PocketPC PDA converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
ipaq 2-1:1.0: device disconnected
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
ipaq 2-1:1.0: PocketPC PDA converter detected
usb 2-1: PocketPC PDA converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usb 2-1: USB disconnect, address 4
ipaq ttyUSB0: PocketPC PDA converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
ipaq 2-1:1.0: device disconnected
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
ipaq 2-1:1.0: PocketPC PDA converter detected
usb 2-1: PocketPC PDA converter now attached to ttyUSB0

So, it recognized, somehow, the device. Now, that api that you say (Pilot) is something new for me. Will find some info on that after some 'wine' has evaporated from my head.
Thanks to both of you for your kind help!