[Wine] Re: wine basics

onkeltuca wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 20 17:14:49 CDT 2011

Hello,

thanks for your reply.
I am wondering where the most problems are.
So the "wrapping" of API calls, or bugs in wine source codes.
The first bugs would be kind of systematic, the second ones just normal programming bugs. Thats why I try to understand the loading and API wrapping stuff. If I am right problems start when (other) libraries are used, such as d3d API.

I had a look at bugzilla. In general mouse handling works. But there are some bugs related to mouse issues (e.g. slow mouse). Well, there are several possiblities to get access to mouse. You can use directx API or Windows API.
But some games work, some not. I have no feeling about how to fix something like this, since I don't know the "engine". Maybe it is bad programmed from game developpers, or a bug in some wine libs or a wrong mapping of API calls.

Thats why I want to understand it. And, in addition, it's quite interessting for me...

I will read through game developpers guide. Maybe I can contribute something. But that's lot's of work for me before. Knowing a peace of C and programming/debugging wine are two sorts of things. We will see.