[Wine] Re: shortcut in ubuntu menu (unity)

forthelulz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 21 01:42:52 CDT 2011

gotouch wrote:
> Hi, I'm on ubuntu 11.04 with the Unity environment.
> I'd like to create a shortcut of an application in wine to the ubuntu menu, but it doesn't work. :(
> How can I do that ?
> Thanks a lot,

just curious but why do you need a shortcut if its in the menu? Does the extra "click" cause you distress my liege?

But seriously - I haven't been on ubuntu in a while. But I recall that its not that hard with GNOME.

I would try something like this:

Locate "application.exe" in your system - whatever app your trying to do this with.

So edit your application.sh file like so....

> #!/bin/sh
> cd /path/to/game/
> wine game.exe

That should work - especially if you were not sure how to set up the path for your exe.

Like lets say I want to set up a game short cut - my wow shell script, from desktop.

> #!/bin/bash
> cd /home/ultra/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Games/world of warcraft
> wine "wow.exe"

Make sure you have the proper syntax in your script. Forgetting the /cd or missing a period can fuckz it upz.

good luck