[Wine] Autokey types a dir into open ile dialog but not recognised

adrianh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 22 15:42:57 CDT 2011

I was playing with Autokey to automate the use of a Win app, but it seems that it is not recognising keystrokes properly.  Not sure where the problem is.

If I were to open Notepad, and then use keyboard.send_keys("<ctrl>+o"), it doesn't work but manually pressing the actual keys, it does.  However using the same command for a native app (say firefox) it does work.  So perhaps there is some layer that autokey is bypassing that wine is expecting?  However, I can use say keyboard.send_keys("<f10>") to bring up the menu so the problem is not consistent.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?  I've posted this in Autokey's issues forum as well.

Adrian