[Wine] Wine + PowerBuilder + Sybase ODBC

japegamx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 22 16:00:53 CDT 2011

Hi there,

I'm having a PowerBuilder aplication that connects to a Sybase data base through an ODBC. The application works fine on Windows, but I want to make it run on a Mandriva 2010.2 distribution.

The fact is, I could run it on a machine with Mandriva 2010.2, but now I want to do an installation from scratch to another computer, but it does't work.

The kernel version that I'm using is: 2.6.33.7-desktop-2mnb
The version of Wine on the computer that works is: 1.2.rc4
The version of Wine on the computer that doesn't work is: 1.3.22

This is what I have done on the PC that works:

I have installed Wine 1.2-rc4, SQL Anywhere 12.0.1 for Windows on Wine, to get a Sybase driver for Wine, SQL Anywhere 12.0.1 for Linux to get the engine where the fisical data base runs.

I run SQL Anywhere 12 Network Server (dbsrv12), that handles the fisical database file (xxx.db).

With a odbcad32.exe I make on ODBC that do a "Network Connection" to localhost with the parameters that it needs. When I do a "Test Connection" I get the message "Conection Successful".

When I execute the PowerBuilder Application, everything seems to be right. I can use the program and see the data base information.

I do the same on the PC that don't work, with the Wine version difference. And when I do the "Test Connection", I get the same message: "Connection Successful", but when I execute the PowerBuilder Application I get an error message about the connection with the ODBC.

Obviously, I have the same copy of the PowerBuilder application on bouth machines.

I know that I can do a ODBC with unixODBC, but when I have tried this with a Sybase driver fot Linux, I can't get it work even on Linux.

Could anyone help me know what is missing from the PC that does not work?