[Wine] .NET Problems

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 09:49:58 CDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:48 AM, garybaldy72uk
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> jjmckenzie wrote:
>> None.  However, .NET 3.0 should install using winetricks.  .NET 3.5
>> support is through Mono.
>>
>> Suggest that you try using Mono 2.10 first and then try .NET 3.0/3.5 in
>> a fresh Wineprefix.  Install all of these using winetricks, not with the
>> installer packages from Microsoft direct.
>
>  Many thanks for the pointers jj, I've installed mono, still no joy. Rightly (or wrongly) I then tried installing mono-complete from synaptics and
> still no joy. The programs initial database setup utility to create the tables works a charm, but trying to use the actual program to get data into
> SQL is still a no go. Any more pointers as I am really keen on getting rid of my final Windows box.

Can you run the program from the terminal?  It would be nice to look
at a logging file at this point but I suspect your problem involves
the SQL calls and not .NET issues.  The Wine FAQ at
http://wiki.winehq.hq/FAQ#get_log has hints on how to capture a
logging file.  Please post it to a site like pastebin.com and post the
URL here.