[Wine] Mouse problems in Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO)

bcpeterson wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 24 22:59:22 CDT 2011

Since version 1.3.20, and in versions since, mouse movement has been erratic in Dungeons and Dragons Online.

I was waiting for some of the major mouse bugs to be fixed before commenting and that seems to have occurred, so I thought I would chime in.

About my system: MacBook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo, with ATI X1600 graphics, Mac OS X 10.6.8, Xquartz 2.6.2 (xorg-server 1.10.1), installed wine via macports which I understand is mostly compiling from source.

If the virtual desktop in ON and mouse capture is OFF, everything works fine. Also running in windowed mode everythings works fine.

If virtual desktop is OFF or mouse capture is ON, then the problems are these:

* Hovering over buttons should produce a highlight effect, but this happens only occasionally.
* Tooltips should also appear on a hover, but rarely do, or a tooltip will appear for an icon nowhere near the mouse cursor.
* Clicks don't register unless you click multiple times.
* Mouse look (by pressing t or holding right mouse button) will cause the view to be straight down, quickly and immediately. Continuing to hold right mouse button and moving the mouse will cause rapid rotation

The game is free to play and installable via the appdb instructions: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2910. It is a large download however (6 gigs I think for the main

I see some related bugs for other programs but I'm unfamiliar with the testing process. I could attach some sort of log or trace but I don't know what would help, but I'd be happy to provide additional information or submit a bug.

Thanks in advance!