[Wine] Re: Age of Mythology: what have you done???

kffeine wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 25 18:14:38 CDT 2011

tparker wrote:
> On 06/25/2011 01:43 PM, kffeine wrote:
>
> > Umm... well, Age of Mythology was playing platinum at version 1.3.22, but then I updated and the textures are all messed up.
> > Sorry to ask, but why the brutal change? And is it something I screwed up?
> >

> If you have not done so yet, uninstall and reinstall your video drivers,
> even if it is with the same version. Often an wine version update,
> kernel update, or Xorg update will confuse the driver.

I gave that a shot, but the problem remains the same. Soon, when I get home I'll take a few pics to show you the problem. And it's olny happening with Age of Mythology; it is known that AoM only works with DirectX (no OpenGL mode available), and a few improvements on Wine's DirectX module have been added in this version... maybe it's because of that?