[Wine] No sound (Audio test failed)

frankh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 26 08:41:50 CDT 2011

- Computer: Lenovo W510
- Linux distro: Mint/Ubuntu 11 64-bit
- Wine version: Latest wine from the Ubuntu repositories

Wine installs fine, but sound doesn't work at all. In winecfg, under Audio, whe I click the Test Sound button I get this error message:

Audio test failed

The console outputs the following:
fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet

So, sound simply doesn't work, and I cannot find a single thing about it on the internet with solutions newer then 4 years. Ie, no usable information at all.

So - does anyone here have any ideas? I take it the Wine developers doesn't give any support, and it's up to the users, but maybe someone has experienced this and was able to solve it?