[Wine] Re: Problem running a program that uses .NET 2.0 SP1

tekhnolyze wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 27 22:38:15 CDT 2011

jjmckenzie wrote:
> On 6/27/11 7:34 PM, tekhnolyze wrote:
>
> > There's a program I'm trying to run called UOCartographer, which is a mapping tool for an online game I play. UOCart isn't listed in the appdb, but I'll make its first entry once I've made it work or given up on trying.
> >
> Did you look on the Applications Database for the game (why don't folks
> just tell us the name of the game and get it over with to begin with)?

Ultima Online, the game works fine, this is a separate program that just works alongside it, it doesn't actually interact with the game.

> > I use wine 1.2.2 under Slackware 13.37 64 bit (multilib).
> >
> You might just want to try doing this with Wine-1.3.23.  It has many
> fixes for problems and Wine 1.2.2 is almost a year old at the code baseline.

I'll try this tomorrow and see what happens. Too late at night to be doing this now though.

> > I of course installed the .NET component with Winetricks, but it gave a slew of error messages.
> >
> The installation or the program?  If .NET 2.0 will not install cleanly,
> you might want to try using mono2.10 instead.

 I mean the program, sorry. The winetricks installation worked fine, I meant the errors came up when I tried to run UOCartographer (which I should mention, installs fine but only gives the errors when you try to run the installed program).

> > After poking around online and looking at similar errors, I installed jet40 and gdiplus, which cut down most of the errors. But there's still an error, and I can't get past this one.
> >
> > This is the terminal output when I start the program:
> >

> > Code:
> >
> > me at mycomputer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/UOCartographer$ wine UOCartographer.exe
> > preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00010000-00110000
> >
> There is an entry in the Wine FAQ about preloader problems.  Did you try
> the solution provided in the FAQ at
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-39d3b5ce61d038004ad47418ab1567b0ec4e507f
> ?
>
> Try these first and advise what happens when you try to run this program
> again.

I get the preloader thing for 99% of the things I run in wine. It rarely causes problems and I generally ignore it, so I'm not sure it has anything to do with this particular problem.

I'll give 1.3.23 a shot though, and get back to you after I've tried it.