[Wine] Re: Flash, Shockwave, 3dVia plugins

TiberiusT wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 29 15:05:20 CDT 2011

dimesio, tparker, tks very much indeed. I got it working by running the downloaded Firefox 3.5.exe from the oldapps link. I then downloaded Shockwave and Flash thru Winetricks and ran them manually.

I have two PCs I'm doing this on. On the Core2Duo 2.00Ghz with an 8500GT it works fine...I say fine bcos Firefox does crash occassionally (only while running flash). It seems random so far. There's also the occassional blank space on the screen, but it is definitely very useable.

However the other PC is a venerable P4 at 3.2Ghz, 1MB mem, with an 8400GS and Flash barely runs. CPU gets hammered at a continuous  80pct ish and there's large black gaps in the rendering and chunks missing out of the screen. It's not really useable. I've tried other Firefox versions and older Flash versions but the problem is identical...

Both PCs use Nvidia's official drivers and both play H264 1080p level 4x at a stroll using VDPAU.

Should I be messing around with videocard settings to try and sort the Flash problem? Or is it just Wine/FFox/Flash doing something mighty intensive on the CPU?

Tks