[Wine] Re: Is Wine64 usable yet?

Iceburgh69 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 30 05:32:19 CDT 2011

I'm having issues with getting Wine64 to even install properly. I'm using an AMD 64 processor with Fedora 14 x64. When I try to get things working, here's what I get with the gcc:

Touching configure...
[root at Iceburgh gcc-svn]# cd ..
[root at Iceburgh Iceburgh]# rm -rf gcc-build
[root at Iceburgh Iceburgh]# mkdir gcc-build
[root at Iceburgh Iceburgh]# cd gcc-build
[root at Iceburgh gcc-build]# ../gcc-svn/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc --enable-languages=c --disable-bootstrap
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: in `/home/Iceburgh/gcc-build':
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.
[root at Iceburgh gcc-build]# make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Also, it can't find ./configure anywhere, and I have no idea where to tell it to go to find it.

Ultimately, I'm trying to get DDO to work, but first I have to get Wine working. I'm a bit of a noob at this, so any help would be appreciated.