[Wine] Rift Seemingly can't patch.

Belwickety wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 1 08:10:47 CST 2011

I have been using wine for a grand total of 24 hours so am a little bit clueless, so please forgive me if this is actually something simple.

I've installed wine using the commands from here http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks in the Ubuntu terminal and I've installed Winetricks, and I've got it to put in the three things from this post :http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=10959. (I'm not so sure it needed the second two, as I think the problem's rift rather than DirectX but I have no idea how to get rid of them.)

I installed rift, and it doesn't seem to patch, I think first time round it installed the big update but then gave rift error #2005. I reinstalled rift, and now it won't patch and gives the rift error #1026 and the line 0000006D. (and unhelpfully I can't find error #1026 or 0000006D explained anywhere on the rift website)

I've managed to find nothing about it on the rift forums, and am hoping that maybe another wine user who plays rift can help? or that it's something not rift related that anyone can help me with?

[/url]