[Wine] ies4linux / our wine does not have wineprefixcreate installe

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Tue Mar 1 20:33:58 CST 2011

* DaVince <wineforum-user at winehq.org> [110301 16:34]:
> Winetricks is not a part of Wine, but it is supported here as it's an official side project and its creator is on the forums/mailing list.

> Winetricks is available from the Wine Wiki (see links at top of
> page) ( http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks ). Just run winetricks
> by itself and navigate the menus, or type winetricks ie6 in a
> terminal to install Internet Explorer.
 Thank you for clearing that up. I had installed winetricks and then
 *ie7*, (see my previous post) and then when I ran 'winetricks ie6',
 it failed to commit because of the later version.
 I will take  some notes and revisit this when I migrate to
 slackware. I will take care to install ie6 first :).
 regards
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web.com or akwebsoft.com