[Wine] Re: Future Tax Regression

Alan_H wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 5 12:43:14 CST 2011

Thanks to "vitamin" for the suggestion.  I was trying to follow the regression instructions, and didn't realize "./configure" was part of the cycle after the first setup.  However, to move on...

I went into the wine-git directory without having done anything since the last post, ran ./configure, then make depend, then make.  All seemed to go well for the ./configue and make depend.  This quote shows what happened during the make:

> .... (many lines, a few hundred?, generated by the "make")
> freetype.c:5031: error: called object ‘pFT_MulFix’ is not a function
> freetype.c:5032: error: called object ‘pFT_MulFix’ is not a function
> make[2]: *** [freetype.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/alan/wine-git/dlls/gdi32'
> make[1]: *** [gdi32] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alan/wine-git/dlls'
> make: *** [dlls] Error 2
> <prompt>

Two problems now:

1) to be clear, is this the cycle?

> initial setup (downloads, compile, install problem application)
> set up bisect (start, good, bad)
> start of cycle
> run the program
> run bisect good /bad
> exit cycle if converged
> ./configure
> make depend
> make
> go to start of cycle
> report bug with final data

This is my current understanding.  Before I wasn't running "./configure" and "make depend" in the  cycle

2) what do I have to do to make it possible to clear the present error / initial state so I can start the regression analysis again?

Thanks in advance for continuing support...

Alan