[Wine] Managing WINEPREFIXES

ischou wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 6 09:58:37 CST 2011

I have a couple of versions of wine installed, and most of the time I'm pretty good at remember which WINEPREFIX I used with which version of wine, but sometimes I get forgetful, and I end up screwing up a WINEPREFIX by accidentally running a higher version of wine in it, and it auto-updates and I have to recreate it.

Is there some command or file I can use to determine the version of wine that a particular WINEPREFIX was created with? Or am I pretty much responsible for keeping track of that myself?

Thanks.