[Wine] Re: USB support in wine

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 6 17:48:17 CST 2011

Fred wrote:
> I need to buy an expensive logic device programmer which uses USB or will operate stand alone with a CF card programmed by a PC running Windows.

Wine does not support USB. All patches that are not part of Wine are not supported here either.

If you buying something expensive I'd recommend spending little more money on a dedicated PC running approved version of O/S. That's if you want it to work all the time guaranteed.

If you talking about usb<->serial interface then there are more chance for it to work in Wine. However nothing is guaranteed.