[Wine] Final Fantasy 14(xiv) not working on OSX with 1.3.14

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 21:12:22 CST 2011

On 3/6/11 6:52 PM, ryutenchi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> That fixed the images not showing up, but now when I click login nothing happens. With WINEDEBUG=+wininet,+winhttp I get this when I click:
>
> Code:
> fixme:mshtml:nsURI_GetAsciiHost Use Uri_PUNYCODE_IDN_HOST flag
> 0[1845b8]: file javascript:ctrEvent('mainForm','Submit'), line 1: ReferenceError: ctrEvent is not defined

Looks like you have company as there is a report of this on the
Applications Database dated Feb 6th.  No one has replied.  I looked
through the bug reports and one has not been submitted for this
problem.  One thing you MIGHT try is using IE7 instead of IE8.

However, I would like for you to try something BEFORE doing this.  Can
you create a new Wine Prefix (or if the game is installed in its own
prefix, removing it and recreating it) and then try running the game
without any changes.  There have been many changes to the Wine code base
since 1.3.6, which is the last reported version.

Thank you.

James McKenzie