[Wine] Re: Future Tax Regression

Alan_H wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 7 04:22:27 CST 2011

Thanks to the help from James and "vitamin" I managed to complete the regression!  By way of information

Re the freetype problem flagged by James:  I found the earlier post, but my installed version was newer so this wasn't the problem.  I checked after re-installing (just to make sure something hadn't been clobbered) and the compile problem was still there.

Re the patch suggested by "vitamin":  this cleared the compile problem.  I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to install the patch (not the command, generating the .diff file to use).  No guidance was found on this, but I managed to get the idea by looking at a couple of the patches to find the minimal format.

The regression bug has now been posted to Bugzilla.

A big thank you to James and vitamin for their help and patience.  I'm sure they had a few frustrations over my problems figuring out how to use the site software.

Alan